Friday, December 2, 2011

The advantage of staying in a condo

Just when I thought we could have interruption-free surfing, we were plagued with another technical-related problem with our internet again.  All of a sudden, on a clear morning, when I did not expect anything wrong after just less than a week when my technical woes were solved, my internet seemed to go dead.  Clicking the internet connection icon on my desktop, I was quite perplexed with the 'no connection' message.

Upon further clicking, the troubleshooting said 'an ethernet was unplugged'.  Who unplugged when I was only on the net the night before?  Nobody touched it over the night.  Nothing was unplugged from the computer, further investigation revealed.  Hoe checked that the modem was 'dead'. There was not any light indicator.  So, what was the problem when the modem was only a few days old? 

The IT doctor reckoned it could be that the wiring or cabling or some kind of hardware connection malfunction.  I never had this problem in our more than 10-year-stay in a condo.  So, this time the culprit was lightnight surge on the adapter.

After more than 10 years of complaining about staying in a bird's cage, now I learn the benefit of it. It doesn't give problems to internet users.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers