Friday, July 15, 2011

It's time to wake up

I posted this in my previous 'lost' blog more than 3 years ago, in April 2008.

Wyng is a very light sleeper. As an alert toddler, he would wake up at the slightest sound. This is especially so in the early morning when I am getting ready to send Hoe to school. At times, he can even be awakened by the sound of a switching light button, not to mention slamming of the door.

I practically have to be 'soundless' in order not to wake him. In fact, as he grows up, sometimes he wakes up before his brother does. Most of the time, I'll shoo him back to sleep and he obliged. But, at times, his alertness couldn't bring him back to dreamland.

Now that Wyng is going to school, he'll naturally wakes up on his own when the time comes. On certain days when he didn't wake up on his own, he'll get up almost instantly on the first wake-up call. And, he would even flash you a smile. He'll even speak if you talk to him.

Hoe, on the other hand, would not wake up even when there is a fire. He needs at least 8 to 10 times of jerks, face-slapping or even water spraying at his face before he could slowly and drowsily get up from bed. He would still be in dreamland so don't make any effort to talk to him, not until after he washes his face.

Verdict is Wyng takes after me as I would be awaken by just a jerk (minus the mornings when I just had late nights the nights before). Hoe takes after my other half. An earthquake right in the bedroom would not bother him.

Now, at this present moment while I am blogging, three plus years later, Hoe has not changed. As long as he is in dreamland, it takes tonnes of patience to wake him whether from a nap or from his morning sleep. Old habits die hard, how true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers