Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mom contributes to potluck for the first time


Onion (10 cloves) chopped finely
Garlic (8 cloves) chopped finely

Marinate with the seasoning sauce,onion and garlic overnight
Bake in oven for about 35-40 minutes
Mom's oven baked chicken for the party



I like this dish because it is simple enough to bake and it doesn't need a lot of ingredients.  Lots of onion and garlic, that's all that are needed for the flavour.
I have to thank my electric oven for this oven-baked chicken.  As I'm not a pro in the kitchen, I hate grease as time is the last thing I want to part with to clean my kitchen from the grease.  When my sisters suggested a potluck and each sister was to contribute at least a dish, I was glad at least I had something to contribute that time.  I've learnt up this dish so no more tapau-ing (packing) of outside food.  It was not the best chicken but Mom was filled with contentment as the chicken emitted pungent aroma (from the onion) and browned in the oven.

By the way, I don't follow the exact recipe given.  For the seasoning, I have used at least a third of a small bottle of soy sauce, 8 tablespoons of honey and a little bit of sugar (optional if you are health-conscious). I used a little too much of the soy sauce so that the chicken would not be too dry.

Voila! I cooked up two casseroles of chicken.  The feedback was good and not bad for a first-timer like me.  Ha...Ha.. at least my food can be served at parties..not just for my kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers