Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Wyng's art piece

This post appeared on the 10th of Nov 2007 in my 'lost' blog. Here is a reposting.


'Me and my family at the Orange Garden standing. We cannot pick up the oranges as they are not ripe.'


This is the exact words said by Wyng, according to his teacher when they are asked to express by drawing anything. I haven't figured out in which occasion we actually went to an orchard or farm and wanted to pick fruits.

Or it could be Wyng and his wild imagination. Sometimes, he could be saying things beyond truth and even shocking at times such as 'Qo Qo kick mommy's spine' just because I've told my guys that I had epidural where the doctor injected into my spine before I gave birth to H. Strangers who heard of this might think what an abusive child I have.

I've learnt that kids can be very imaginative. Their minds can think of the unthinkable by adults, though unrealistic sometimes. But, it's pleasing to know that their minds can really be 'stretched'. Ever since having Wyng, once in a while I do encourage them to imagine. Afterall, 'thinking out of the box' is the in-thing and should be strongly encouraged among kids so that they have this habit in them until they reach adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers