Sunday, January 2, 2011

I am glad we stopped our kid from being active

Hoe managed to get into the top class this year. I can only say that he is one lucky boy as I notice that this class consists of a mixture of top students and other above average ones. Apparently, streaming this year is done on random basis.

Whatever basis is used, I am glad that he can still be in the company of bright students this year to motivate and challenge him. He feels the stress but this is definitely healthy for him,the indisciplined one. Now,I don't feel so bad for forbidding him to join his camps in his Scouts movement and from being too active. I got strong objections from him but we were insistent and did not give in to his grievances. This 'inactivity' means he may miss out on the opportunity to lead his group this year. Academics is still given the priority by us. So, he has to learn to accept this.

One of his Scouts mates who is of the same age devotes so much of his time to Scouts that Hoe and I strongly believe his commitment to Scouts affected his academic performance. Due to his active involvement, he got promoted to a higher rank which Hoe was aiming for and unfortunately, missed. This friend of his ends up in a very weak class this year,in fact a demotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers